A huge thanks goes to Paula Acton for choosing us for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Paula contributed our recent post on Warwick Castle which was very well received, have a look at her lovely blog here.
For me, the best thing about blogging is the people that you connect with and learn from & about. This is a wonderful way to spread the love. More eloquently put by the great author Guy de Maupassant:
“It is the encounters with people that make life worth living.”
The rules of the award are as follows:
1) Thank the person who gave you the award with a link to their blog.
2) Tell them 7 things about yourself.
3) Nominate 7 other blogs for the award
(I won’t be offended if you don’t follow these)
So here are 7 things about me:
1) For the last 3 years I ran this business
2) I quit work in March and am on a 6 month road trip with my sister. Extremely happy about this one!
3) In September I’m going to study for an MA in Museum & Gallery Studies and plan to take on the museum world
4) Nothing makes me happier than a good conversation
5) Spotify is probably the best thing on my laptop. Here is one of my playlists: Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
6) I want museums and galleries to become focal points of communities, they are often underused resources
7) By doing this blog I hope people are encouraged to get out and visit more museums/galleries – they hold a wealth of knowledge, inspiration and enjoyment
The 7 blogs I would like to award are:
My sister’s colourful, positive, lifestyle blog
2) Chloe Nelkin
An informed, exhilarating blog following contemporary art, mainly in London
3) Museum 2.0
Nina Simon is author of The Participatory Museum and director at the Santa Cruz MAH, her blog follows on the conversation from the book. She is museum icon
Covers people and projects bringing a shareable world to life
BFFs fun blog on eventsy things in London
No one is more inspirational than ones mother, aka the Prof
7) Museum Diary
Jenni Fuchs’ marvellous museum blog
Well I hope you find some inspiration here. I’d love to hear your thoughts.. would you like contribute a story about a museum or gallery you’ve visited? See our SUBMISSIONS page for more details
Oh and if you’re on facebook and haven’t heard of the ‘Museum of Me’ be sure to take a look
Entry Fee: FREE
Location: Right here, right now