After only 6 months of blogging I’ve had the good fortune to interact with some fascinating, knowledgable and dedicated people. Now I would like to offer you the chance to get something in return…Harnessing the genius of Leonardo da Vinci’s notebooks, inventions and works of art, Michael Gelb presents 7 principals to introduce a new way of thinking. The book outlines a number of exercises and lessons that will stimulate your own personal genius, here is an outline of the chapters:
- Curiosita: An insatiably curious approach to life.
- Dimonstratzione: A commitment to test knowledge through experience.
- Sensazione: The continual refinement of the senses, especially sight, as the means to clarify experience.
- Sfumato: A willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox, and uncertainty.
- Arte/Scienza: The development of the balance between science and art, logic and imagination (“whole-brain thinking”).
- Corporalita: The cultivation of ambidexterity, fitness, and poise.
- Connessione: A recognition and appreciation for the connectedness of all things and phenomena; “systems thinking.
All you have to do to win yourself a copy of ‘How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci’ is leave a comment below by 6th September 2012, stating:
Who is your favourite artist or historical figure and outline why you think they embody the qualities of a genius…
Also, a big THANK YOU to Paula Acton, Naveed at Lovely Shoots and Rachel at The Penniless Traveller for their support, inspiration and nominations for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.In order to spread the love there are 4 rules. Firstly, you must link back to the blogger that nominates you, secondly, share the image above. Thirdly you must share 7 facts about yourself; here goes.
1. I love blogging, 2. I’m very excited to be attending the Culture Geek digital marketing conference on 7th September, 3. Slim Cessna’s AutoClub have been my favourite band for years, 4. Cooking is my other passion, 5. Recently I’ve realised how much I still have to learn about history, 6. I aspire to be self-sufficient, 7. Next year I’ll be 30 and I plan to party at Viva Las Vegas with all my best friends.
The 4th rule is that you must share 5 blogs that you love and let them know about it…
2. Cazbag – Exploring and sharing beautiful and intriguing aspects of life
3. The Big Mac Blog – My sister’s awesome lifestyle blog
4. More Mojitos Please - An exhilarating and considered travel blog
5. Criticismism - Fascinating arts and culture blog